The photo report of the Second Edition of the Inter-district School Competition for the students of Warsaw primary and secondary schools entitled "Me, the soldier of the Uprising" - 2017
Due to the fact that a lot of people took an interest in the First Edition of the Inter-district School Competition for the students of Warsaw primary and secondary schools entitled "Me, the soldier of the Uprising" conducted last year, the 1944 Warsaw Uprising Remembrance Association decided to continue the project in the year 2017.
In March 2017 the Second Edition of the competition devoted to the Warsaw Uprising 1944 entitled "Me, the soldier of the Uprising" was announced.
The aim of the competition was to popularize the heroic behaviour of the soldiers of the Uprising, encouraging to read the insurgent memories placed in both the "Notebooks of the Remembrance of the Warsaw Uprising" and the SPPW website, to use the archives of the Warsaw Uprising Museum and to participate in the meetings "The Witnesses of the History" in the Warsaw Uprising Museum. Concurrently, the competition was to promote the high culture of a spoken word, to develop oratorical talents of a Young generation and to teach the rivalry in a friendly atmosphere.
The competition was addressed to the pupils of Warsaw schools, divided into two age groups:
- 6th class of primary schools,
- secondary schools
Each contestant had to prepare a short monodrama related to a chosen person: a soldier of one of insurgent unit, an orderly, a liaison, a young scout-soldier of the Grey Regiments, or a young scout-boy delivering the insurgent post mail. Participants were supposed to choose a role of a certain person and play a role of them (the scenario based on Real memories). The presentation was to last not more than 4-7 minutes.
The rules of the competition were prepared by Mrs. Maria Poprawa, the member of the SPPW 1944 management, the Polish philologist and historian of the 118 Primary School in Warsaw named after the Friends of Mazovia.
The deadline was April 7th, 2017.
All in all, 27 participants from two primary and four secondary schools registered.
The students, the competition participants, chose to play the roles of:
1. Barbara Bobrowiecka-Frycze a.k.a. "Wilia", the Home Army group "Róg"
2. Andrzej Borowiec a.k.a. "Zych", the Home Army group "Bartkiewicz"
3. Lucyna Buraczewska-Stadnicka a.k.a.. "Żaba", the Home Army group "Krybar"
4. Aleksandra Cieciura a.k.a. "Ola", the Home Army battalion "Łukasiński"
5. Andrzej Danysz ps. "Filozof", the Home Army battalion "Gustaw-Harna¶"
6. Wiesław Gniazdowski a.k.a. "Wiesiek", the Home Army group "Krybar"
7. Janina Gruszczyńska-Jasiak a.k.a. "Janka", the Home Army battalion "Wigry"
8. Ryszard Gręda a.k.a. "Nowotny", the Home Army group "Krybar"
9. Janina Gutowska-Rożecka a.k.a. "Dora", the Home Army group "Żaglowiec"
10. Mirosław Jajko
11. Witold Konecki a.k.a. "Sulima", the Home Army battalion "Chrobry I"
12. Jadwiga Kozłowska a.k.a. "Iga", the Home Army battalion "Gustaw-Harna¶"
13. Krystyna Krahelska a.k.a. "Danuta", the Home Army division "Jeleń"
14. Maria Krasowska a.k.a. "Majka"
15. Danuta Mancewicz a.k.a. "Danusia", Kedyw "Kolegium A"
16. Irena Mirska- Mięso a.k.a. "Oleńka", the Home Army group "Chrobry II"
17. Andrzej Olas
18. Jan Rodowicz a.k.a. "Anoda", the Home Army battalion "Zo¶ka"
19. Jadwiga Szulecka-Wasiluk a.k.a. "Jaga", bat. KB "Sokół"
20. Zbigniew ¦cibor-Rylski a.k.a. Motyl", the Home Army battalion "Czata 49"
21. Bożenna Tazbir-Tomaszewska a.k.a. ""Czesława Rawicz"
22. Tadeusz Stanisław Tyszka
23. Antonina Żabińska
On April 25, 2017 in the exhibition room in the 22 Długa street in Warsaw the examination of the contestants occurred.
The Jury of the competition:
While evaluating, the Jury considered the following:
The teachers of the laureates also received book awards and commemorative diplomas. compiled by: Maciej Janaszek-Seydlitz Copyright © 2018 SPPW 1944. All rights reservede.
Mr. Maciej Janaszek - Seydlitz - the president of the Jury, the honorary chairman of SPPW 1944,
Mr. Eugeniusz Tyrajski - the Warsaw insurgent, the member of the Warsaw Insurgents' Association management,
Mrs. Cecylia Steczkowska - the artist who is active in the sphere of commemorating the heroism of the Insurgents.
from the left: Maciej Janaszek-Seydlitz, Cecylia Steczkowska and Eugeniusz Tyrajskii
- presenting of a chosen person - composition and oratorical talent,
- esthetics and uniqueness of garment and presenting it,
- general artistic impression - choise of stage props and music, etc.
After the long discussion the Jury decided to award the following contestants:
The students of primary schools:
Tomasz Kayed, SP 118
Witold Biernat, SP 41
Weronika von Lonski, SP 26
Jerzy Tarkowski, SP 118
Cyprian Kryczyński, SP 118
Hubert Pudełko, SP 118
Paulina Ziętek, SP 118
The students of secondary schools
Julia Cichowska, G 165
Inga Lewandowska, G 123
Zuzanna Kowalska, G 40
The number of equal level of the competition can be proved by the number of equal 2nd and 3rd place among the laureates from primary schools.
On May 16, 2017 in the exhibition room in the 22 Długa street in Warsaw the awards and honourable awards: Empik vouchers and commemorative diplomas were handed over to the laureates by: Zbigniew Galperyn a.k.a. "Antek", the vice-chairman of the Warsaw Insurgents Association, Mr. Maciej Janaszek-Seydlitz, the president of the Jury, and Mrs. Cecylia Steczkowska, the member of the Jury. The awards were founded by the Old Town Community Centre and Mrs. Joanna Runge- Lissowska, the SPPW 1944 member.
Everybody was given the "Notebooks" issues 7 and 8, as well.
The competition undoubtedly raised the state of knowledge about the Warsaw Uprising 1944 among the Warsaw youth. Its participants proved an interesting and mature way of presenting the chosen heroes.
translation: Monika Ałasa
While evaluating, the Jury considered the following:
The teachers of the laureates also received book awards and commemorative diplomas.
compiled by: Maciej Janaszek-Seydlitz
Copyright © 2018 SPPW 1944. All rights reservede.