poprzednie miejsce

Zakroczymska 1 - Stare Miasto

następne miejsce
kliknij, aby zobaczyć listę miejsc pamięci

1 Zakroczymska Street. The St. Franciszek Seraficki church.
Both the church and the monastery were built in the year 1646.
They were damaged during the Warsaw Uprising 1944. The monastery was bombed. The bomb hit the apse, as a consequence of which the altar was totally damaged, it went through the floor and killed c. 40 people who had taken shelter in the church basement.
The church was rebuilt after the war. The first Holy Mass was offered here on January 21, 1945 among ruins and cinders, by the St. Anthony figure which had miraculously survived.

On the church wall one can see a plaque commemorating the fallen soldiers of the Home Army battalion "Zo¶ka".

kliknij na mapę, aby zobaczyć cał± Warszawę

kliknij na zdjęcie, aby je powiększyć

kliknij na zdjęcie, aby je powiększyć

written by: Maciej Janaszek-Seydlitz
pictures taken by: Natalia Kamińska and Antoni Kara¶
translated by: Monika Ałasa

Copyright © 2017 Maciej Janaszek-Seydlitz. All rights reserved.